Friday, April 27, 2012

Yet another UCJC Finish!

I became a little obsessed about finishing my first ever hardanger piece. It's Clover I by Mabel Figworthy's Fancies, stitched on 25 ct lugana using Caron Collection Watercolours and Wildflowers in Emerald.


As I said in my previous post, I had trouble with the Queen's Stitch and had to adapt them a bit to make myself happier. I had the same issue with bead placement too, and so they don't quite follow the pattern. I do rather like how it turned out though.

Look at those pretty dove's eye filling stitches and all the blingy beads!


While I am very glad I tried hardanger and learned some new stitches, I can honestly say that I much prefer cross stitch. Think I'll stick with what I know best for the foreseeable future.

This is finish 6 of 31 in my Ultimate Crazy January Challenge. :)

1 comment: