Tuesday, June 18, 2013

About that quilting thing

As I said in my last post, I've been convinced to try English paper piecing. It didn't take much really - a gentle suggestion goes a long way with me and crafting. Anyway, a day was spent with my friend Caroline learning to use a rotary cutter for the first time (still have all my fingers!) as I chopped up all my lovely fabric into 3" squares.


I am loving the batiks .... so many delicious swirly patterns!


Once I had a pile (or ten), I was shown how to baste hexagons (so cute), and off I went.


And this is what a box of crafty happiness looks like:


I ended up at the auto mechanic's the other day, and I took my hexies with me. So quick and easy to do and it really helped pass the time. I'm still new and rather slow, but I'm quite happy with 15 hexies basted in an hour. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment