I haven't had a lot of time to stitch lately, but I've been plugging along, and finally managed another finish, the 2009 Snowflake ornament by Tor Rhuann Designs!
It doesn't quite look like the pattern though. As I got into the backstitching, I realized that my choice of fabric for this project was totally wrong. When I had originally looked at the pattern, I had seen all of the backstitching that outlined the snowflake and automatically thought that aida would work. Now that I was tackling it, I realized that almost everything in the outside border was charted for evenweave. I would have had to poke holes in the aida constantly in order to do the border. No way, no thank you! So, I decided to ditch the outer border, and I just backstitched around the outside to add a little more bling. I think it worked really well, and I am quite happy with it. :)
Look at that bling! This is the first time I've stitched with Petite Treasure Braid, and it was wonderful to work with. Kreinik and Accentuate are nice, but this was really lovely stuff.
Hurray for finish #2, and it's not even the end of February yet!