Who ever would have thunk it?!?! I just received the Liebster Award (which is a blogging award) from a great blogger and wonderful supporter during my Ultimate Crazy January Challenge -- Debbie from Debbie's Cross-Stitch! I'm in awe at receiving such an honour … thank you Debbie!!
Here are all the details about the Liebster Blog award:
Liebster is a German word, meaning favorite, dearest or beloved, and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
4. Share five random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
I am giving the Liebster Blog award to these great bloggers:
1. Ewa from Cross Stitch and Other Musings
2. Rebecca from Rebel in Ontario
3. Kim from Scully’s Cross Stitching
4. Kirstin from Stitchin’ Addiction
5. Helene from Little Miss Stitchy Stitch
Five random facts about myself:
1. I used to be heavily pierced and tattooed. I had 17 holes in my ears, 2 eyebrow rings and a tongue piercing. Now I just have the standard one hole in each ear. I do still have all my tattoos – 10 of them in total.
2. I can’t whistle. I’ve tried to learn, lots of people have tried to teach me, but I just can’t.
3. I love reality TV (but only the good competition shows). I love Survivor, Amazing Race, Top Chef, The Next Iron Chef, So You Think You Can Dance, among others. I can’t stand celebrity reality TV like The Kardashians, Real Housewives or Jersey Shore.
4. My most favourite meal in the whole world is steak and potatoes. I am a sucker for really great steak. Everywhere I travel, I eat steak, looking for the very best.
5. I am a full time doctoral student, and no matter how crazy and stressful it gets, it is, by far, the best job I’ve ever had. I am so fortunate that I get to spend my time learning about things I really care about. It’s a pretty cool gig (plus I get to sleep in most days AND I get to work in my pyjamas).