Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Last Minute Finish

A few weeks ago, I decided on the spur of the moment to stitch a last minute present for my mom for Christmas. She loved my Tree of Stitches that I finished earlier this year, but she wanted a green tree.

So I did a green tree. I used several silks - Carrie's Creations Foxfire and HDF Primitive Barn, BeLeaved, White Chocolate, and Old Maid of the Soil - stitched on 32 ct lugana hand-dyed by me.


I had planned on stitching half a section per day (there are 14 sections/types of specialty stitches), and this meant I should be able to finish it by Christmas Eve.

Well, I got a little carried away and finished it, beads and all, last night. A week ahead of schedule!!


My mom is a fan of sparkles and bling, so I used 4 different Mill Hill petite seed beads - Emerald Green, Bay Leaf, Ice, and Purple.


I'm going to swing by Michael's today and see if I can find some matboard. I might even get it framed in time!

9 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty tree! I'm sure your mum will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous, she'll be soooo pleased!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You're an amazing stitcher! Congrats on getting it done in time. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Adrienne that is stunning. Your stitching is beautiful. I suffer from SOS (shiny object syndrome) so I'm sure your mum is going to adore her present!! Congrats on finishing and way ahead of your deadline! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so beautiful! The stitching and beading looks so complex congrats on finishing early :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out fabulous. I still haven't finished mine from the SAL. It is currently on my to be stitched list for 2013. Great job on finishing this project so quickly. I'm sure you are a pro now at all those specialty stitches.

    Happy Holidays!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I love it in the greens. Congrats on getting it stitched so quickly.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome tree. I love all the beads making it bright.

    ReplyDelete