It's the first IHSW (International Hermit & Stitch Weekend) of 2014. Not only did I remember to sign up for it, but I stitched too!!
During my wrap up posts for 2013, I discovered that 10 of my 14 finishes last year were gifts. Holy crap! That's a lot of stitching for others and very little stitching for me. :( I also realized that I did not put one single stitch into any of my HAEDs last year. Not one! That is tragic and horrible and it must be rectified.
So … I pulled Elizabeth off the frame and put Catch a Falling Star by Julie Fain on. This piece is almost entirely navy blue (939) at the moment. It is easy, blocky stitching at its best. I'm working 2 over 1 tent on 25 ct ice blue lugana.
From a distance it looks awesome. I started page 3 and put in 2033 stitches. I used to use a Q-snap when I worked on this project, but now I've got the Millenium frame. It's easy to work with, but that fabric looks huge! So much space to fill still (and that's just the first row)!
Up close, there is a bit of show through. The coverage isn't perfect, but I find the stitching easy and enjoyable. I've tried tenting on 28 count and it is just too squishy for me. Knowing that it looks fine from a distance makes it easier to accept the close-up imperfections.