Monday, January 20, 2014

MMSC - 6 pointed star

Joining up with Jessica at Life Under Quilts' Monday Morning Star Count last week and seeing all the great EPP projects and having people encourage me with mine was AWESOME! Totally inspiring. It really makes me want to make progress every week, even if it's just a little progress.

So I made time this week and got some EPPing done. In the comments Jessica had kind of challenged me to up my game to 10 pieces added this week. I thought it was a crazy goal (I really don't have that much time for EPP), but I thought I could manage at least 5 again.


Well, I did it. I added 10 more 2" diamonds to this piece! (And no … I'm not trying for 20 next week!)

I had a lot of trouble working on this project in the fall after my mom passed away (this was originally meant to be her Xmas present), but it feels good to work on it and see it grow. I can't wait to have it hanging on my wall!

This post is also linked up to Hexie Weekend at A Quilting Reader's Garden and to HeLP for Hexie-aholics at Sarah did it!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on adding 10 diamonds this week! I'm sure your Mom is watching you work and loving "her" quilt. Be sure to stop by my blog for the hexie linky party - there are prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely EPP project. I, too, am very happy with even a little progress. This week was so busy, I only added 2 to my flower, but there's always next week! Thanks for linking to Hexie Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful work and congrats on meeting your goal! Your Mom would love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress! You will be so glad that you started working on this again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot, woot! Good job, lady! I just love, love, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to receive some outside motivation sometimes, right? What a sweet remembrance of your mom this will be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for your loss, but glad you have a meaningful quilt project to comfort you. I always find hand-piecing meditative.

    ReplyDelete