Sunday, May 5, 2013

Evolution of a Flower

Back in February, during the stitching retreat, I started on a white-on-white version of Just Nan's Ice Blossom. Unfortunately, It just was not working for me. I didn't like the conversions I'd done and I kept wanting to add in some silver, blue, or purple (which defeats the purpose of a white-on-white piece).

So I went looking for an alternative, and finally found Frozen Flower by Mabel Figworthy's Fancies.

This is what it will look like (but all in white) when I'm done:


Here are my progress pics so far (it's only 5"x5"):



It took a couple petals before I got the technique for the woven picots down pat. (You can barely see the goofy first few tries!)


Evolution of the cutwork:





I know ... it's a crazy amount of cutting, and I have a kazillion woven bars to do. :)



3 comments: