Tuesday, June 30, 2015

I know I wasn't supposed to ...

At the beginning of the year, I had decided not to start anything new until I finished a few things. Well, that lasted about 30 seconds. There's just something fun and awesome, something energizing, about starting a new project.

In March, I caved and started a baby blanket for a hypothetical baby. No one is pregnant yet, but there is ... hope. (It's not me, so there will not be a bunch of baby pics on here; my brother and sister-in-law are trying.) Since I likely won't know about the pregnancy until they are at least 3 months along, and I figure a baby shower would happen around the 7-8 month mark, well, then that means I'd only have 3-5 months to get the blanket done. We all know I am not efficient at getting projects done, so I figured I should start now and work on it as I can.

So, my sister-in-law's favourite colour is orange. My least favourite colour is orange. This might be a bit of a struggle for me. However, I wound up some gorgeous Hazel Knits Lively DK in Carnelian.


I found a really pretty (and simple) lace baby blanket pattern called the Pine Forest Baby Blanket. and started on the border. Love me some garter stitch!


I struggled on the first lace repeat or two, but finally got the hang of it and it's starting to look good!



I still think it's going to take months to complete, but I'm aiming to knit two rows a day. It is growing!

1 comment:

  1. It's looking beautiful and hey! looks like lace!! Lucky baby ;-)

    ReplyDelete