Monday, August 22, 2011

August IHSW Update

I participated in IHSW again. (International Hermit and Stitch Weekend hosted by Joysze at Random Ramblings - check out her blog to see details and follow everyone's progress.)

Since it was my birthday weekend, not as much hermitting happened as I would have liked, but I still managed to get a little stitching done.

I worked exclusively on Autumn Tree this weekend. When I started on Friday, it was just a brown trunk with branches, but now the orange leaves on one half of the tree are completed. Once the orange leaves are done I can start adding the golden yellow ones!

Here's where I got to:

I must admit that I really don't like stitching on linen. The roughness and unevenness bugs me! The camera catches all of the imperfections that I hate. Thankfully it's not as bad in real life.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty I think I'm in love! :) I'm really going to enjoy watching your progress on this tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday, Adrienne! :D

    I love your tree, the colors are just great, and I think the linen look really suits it well. I love stitching on linen, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks lovely! The tree is very pretty and I love the colors. Linen drives me batty too, I hate how it's all uneven, but I still end up using it anyway... :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!
    I love your tree....the imperfections is just the loveliness of linnen....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday

    I love these trees and yours is looking fantastic. I love linen to stitch on and for all the reasons you are not liking it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great progress! And what a cute tree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think it looks bad at all. You just think it looks bad because you KNOW the imperfections are there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday. Hope you had a lovely day.
    your tree is gorgeous, I love the orange trees and it looks lovely on the linen :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Autumn Tree is beautiful!! I can't wait to see what the different color leaves look like on it. Love the swirls of the branches of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really like how your tree looks on the linen, i hope to see it with the other leaves on it very soon.

    Hugs Yvon.

    ReplyDelete