Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What a surprise!!

I've been a member of Crossstitchforum.com for over a year now, and I really enjoy reading about and seeing the progress these stitchers make on their projects. It's good to know they often have the same type of issues with fabric, thread, or frogging, and there is always someone (or more) who can give great advice when you have questions. It's a real community.

Last January, one of the members (Ali-Cat) went on a biscornu making spree. She must have made 20 or 30 of the little things. And so, she offered to make and send one to any member of the forum who wanted one. Now I think biscornus are very cute, but I doubt I'd ever stitch one. (I really have no idea what to do with them.) Still, I thought seeing one in person and having just one would be great, so I messaged Ali-Cat and asked nicely if she'd send me one. After that, I promptly forgot about it.

Yesterday I went and got my mail and I had an unexpected package from overseas. I couldn't for the life of me think what it could be. I hadn't ordered anything online lately ...

Lo and behold, it was not one, but two lovely little biscornus made just for me! Because she'd taken so long to send it to me, she decided that I should have a second teeny-tiny biscornu as a way of apology.

They are beyond cute!! I adore the colours on the larger one; it is perfect for me! A huge thank you goes out to Ali-Cat for her generosity and effort.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely. It's always so fun to get a package from overseas!!!

    ReplyDelete