Thursday, August 18, 2011

Just a few stitches away ...

I've been working on the 2nd page of Drama Queen during the last 2 weeks. It started off with a few nice big chunks of blue and I was also excited about adding the vibrant reds of the first poppy. Well, my enthusiasm waned a little as I got into the confetti. I have NEVER worked on a project with this much confetti -- it's insane. It takes me longer to plan my stitching route than it does to stitch the handful of stitches in that colour. The results are wonderful, and I know how amazing this will look because of all of the confetti, but holy doodle it's a nightmare.

I never quite seem to finish a page before I do an update. I'm always leaving a few (and this time it's quite a few) stitches off. I just want to update!! To be honest, I'm updating now because I'm a little frustrated with this piece and have decided to put it aside for a few days. This coming weekend is IHSW (International Hermit and Stitch Weekend - see Joyzse's blog for details), and I'm hoping to get a good chunk of my Autumn Tree done.

But enough rambling, time for a picture:


3 comments:

  1. Haha! I am glad to see that I am not the only one that takes longer to plan the stitching route than the actual time spent stitching.
    You are making great progress. This will be a stunning piece once completed!
    Can't wait to see your progress on Autumn Tree after IHSW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!! That sounds like me about the stitching route!!! It occurs to me when I'm doing that that I'd get a lot more stitching done if I'm not there trying to decide where to stitch next. ;)

    Drama Queen looks great. Love the vibrant colors.

    Happy Hermitting this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks gorgeous. Well worth the confetti, I'm thinking. Keep up the good work, when you can. And have a great IHSW! Can't wait to see your progress on Monday!!

    ReplyDelete