Monday, October 10, 2011

A New Card-making Style

I think I have finally mastered the art of matting, and I am LOVING how it looks. I made a Thank You card for some friends who had me over for dinner. I wanted it to be elegant, yet funky/edgy/cool. I almost don't want to give it away!


The patterned paper is from a 6x6 pad that I bought recently at my LSS (local scrapbooking store) Scrappin Great Deals. It's by KaiserCraft, and it is my favourite paper EVER. (Or at least until I fall in love with other paper, though this stuff is going to be tough to beat.)

I have a ton of cards I need to make this week, so there will be more card posts coming up. I'm also at work on a pile of Christmas cards, which are in various stages of assembly at the moment, and I hope to post pics of them before the end of the week.

I missed having my crafting mojo. I'm very glad it's back.

4 comments:

  1. What a great card! Definitely elegant and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic layout and I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I can totally see why you'd be tempted to keep the card, it looks amazing! Looking forward to seeing more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful!!! My favorite color. :D

    ReplyDelete