Saturday, July 10, 2010

Time to start something new

Well, apparently two projects on the go at once isn't enough, so I've added a third. To be honest, it was mainly because I was heading to my parents' place for a visit and a) can't take the butterflies with me there, and b) am sick of doing backstitch on the angel.

In my last post I put up a picture of the Jasmine Pixie by Nora Corbett all kitted up and waiting to be started ... and that's what I started a few days ago.

Here's what she will look like when finished:

and my progress so far:

It doesn't look like much yet, but it will!!

I've actually modified the design a tiny bit. It's supposed to be stitched 2 over 2 on 32 count linen, which would make the finished piece roughly 7" x 10". I want mine to be smaller and more dainty, so I am stitching it 1 over 1 on 22 count hardanger. I chose hardanger because it's a 2 thread block weave, which means I can do quarter stitches on it while still doing 1 over 1. My finished piece should be about 5 1/4" x 7 1/4". My only current concern is that the beads will be too "big" for my shrunken piece, so I might have to go hunting for smaller beads.

Anyway, I love this design and stitching it has been way too much fun. It's so small and delicate. I went back to working on the butterflies when I got home last night, and it felt so big and awkward and clumsy! I'm hoping I continue to love this smaller stitching, because I have a lot of it to do once I start my HAEDs.

This piece will be put aside for a bit now, as I need to keep moving on the butterfly piece and maybe even finish the angel. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment