Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A new start (as if I need one)

I have more projects on the go then I know what to do with. There are even several pieces from the Ultimate Crazy January Challenge that haven't been touched since January!!

And yet, I still feel the need to start a new project. This time is wasn't really my fault though. Have you ever seen a chart for the first time and instantly known who you HAD to stitch it for? That's what happened to me.

I saw the Stitching to the Music booklet by Stoney Creek, and just knew I had to stitch "Life is a Song ... Music Montage." (It's the one on the right.)


So I pulled out my brand new, hand-dyed-by-me fabric and dove right in! I will say that it is a very easy stitch and it's moving along very quickly indeed!


I am not a fan of backstitching, so I'm not sure why I had to go and fall in love with a chart that has SO MUCH backstitching on it, but whatever. It'll look great even if it drives me insane.

Side note: Even though I dislike backstitching, I recently picked up a blackwork design called Ciara Blue by Blackwork Journey. And of course, I'm dying to start it too.)

3 comments:

  1. Its a lovely new start and I can see why you couldn't resist it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made so much progress for a brand-new start! Great stitching! I also have lots from the UCJC that haven't been touched since January. Go ahead and stitch everything you want! The backstitching won't be so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful I think I need to get my hands on that chart.

    ReplyDelete