Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2012 UCJC - Day 18

This was an interesting one today. I first saw this pattern when it was a SAL on crossstitchforum.com and XandraS was kind enough to mail me the pattern when she was finished. I kitted it up ... and never got a chance to start it. A year and a half later, and here we are. When I pulled it out last night to prep it, I realized I had made some pretty funky (and my funky I mean awful) colour choices. So I spent half an hour (at least) browsing my DMC boxes to create a much more suitable colour palette.

The pattern is "I Stitch Therefore I Stash" out of an issue of Cross Stitch Crazy (no idea which issue though). I used the same fabric I'd originally chosen -- an odd bluey-green piece of 18 ct aida from Picture This Plus called Glacier. I'm using some variegated DMC, solid DMC, and some Kreinik #4 to add some bling! I'm actually really liking the new colours I came up with. It's unusual, but I like it.


2 comments: