Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 UCJC - Day 4

In case you haven't noticed or didn't know, I LOVE LOVE LOVE stitching with silks. This is my fourth project in my UCJC and it's the second one using silks! There are 7 more in the line up as well. I'm seriously addicted to them. Love them!

Today's start uses Vicki Clayton's HDF 2125 on some hand-dyed 16 ct aida (Whimsy it's called) from Picture This Plus. I'm stitching the Tribal Butterfly by Sparklies.


In person the silk is much brighter and shinier; I am already in love with this piece. It looks great and is stitching up pretty fast. Plus, it's such a simple straightforward stitch -- a very welcome change from what I commonly stitch. It kills me to put this one down!

4 comments:

  1. Great progress. I am enjoying watching your new starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you know you'll get to pick it back up later, so it's all good!!! It looks lovely. Grats on the progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, pretty! Can't wait until my first real silk experience :)

    ReplyDelete