Sunday, January 1, 2012

And it begins ... 2012 UCJC - Day 1

I've been so excited the past few days just waiting for the 2012 Ultimate Crazy January Challenge to start! 31 new starts in 31 days -- how crazy am I??

So here I go ... Day 1!! Today's start is the 2009 Christmas ornament by Tor Rhuann Designs. (Check my UCJC page for a picture of what it should look like when finished.) I love the look of assisi-style designs, and it feels good to get a head start on my ornaments for next Christmas. I'm stitching this on 18 ct white aida with HDF silk (Ethereal Ice) and PTB Silver.


And my progress today:


I also have a card to share today. I played around with creating my own washi tape the other day using authentic Japanese origami paper. I love how it turned out, and it was fun to make an Asian-inspired card.



4 comments:

  1. Lovely start on your Crazy :) and what a cute card, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card has turned out really lovely, good luck on all your new starts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great start for day #1! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete